Tuesday, July 08, 2008

randomness, because i want that guacamole

I made a big batch of guacamole and I am DYING to dig into it, but it has to sit for a bit so the flavors blend. I promised myself I could have some if I did a blog post. So, here's a blog post, probably not a long one. And now, for randomness.
  • I am on a French roll (haha! Pun! Pun alert!).
  • Seriously, everything I am reading lately is about French history.
  • Plus, in Tunisia? EVERYONE speaks French. Or German, Not much English, though.
  • So, France. Just finished Antonia Fraser's book about the loves of Louis XIV. Cracking good read for by the pool and I learned alot to boot.
  • So am now on to Anne Somerset's Affair of the Poison which was referenced in Fraser's book and which I already had. Hello! Scurrilous history! Of course I would have that!
  • Last winter I read Fraser's excellent book about Marie Antoinette, also a great read, though already I knew what happened at the end. I sort of hoped it might have a different ending and Marie would be happy and fat in a cottage in he country, but alas, no.
  • Hmm, come to think of it I have read every non-fiction ever written by Fraser.
  • I also watched, for the hell of it, Dangerous Liaisons. I don't have it on DVD but only on a very old VHS, but it worked. Damn those costumes are still so incredibly gorgeous. Remind me to get the dvd with whatever special stuff it comes with.
  • What ever happened to Michelle Pfeiffer?
Ok, dammit, I want guacamole. Snacky time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!