Tuesday, March 25, 2008

back to real life

Back to work today. After 5 days of blissful nothingness, it was strange to have to be back at work and (gasp) all responsible and shit. But it snowed all day, so I didn't feel so bad about sitting at my desk. Snow is so pretty when you are inside and it is outside and it's not splatting you in the face.

The trains did not fuck me over today, that made me happier. However, my iBook is TOTALLY fucking me over AGAIN, in fact it just went offline now and I don't know if it will even be online long enough to post this.

When I took it in to the "shop" they put a new wireless card in, but now we are having the same problems again and for the life of me, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO TO FIX IT. It freezes, it crashes, it stops working ,and it is all tied in to being online but I DON'T KNOW HOW. It's enough to make me give up on the whole Apple experience, except that Dave* would be so disappointed (as would my dad, a total Mac whore) and I am TOO ORNERY to let this thing beat me down. However, my 6 year old Gateway laptop is looking better and better, especially as it WORKS online! I've restarted this little fucker about 6 times now and I am NOT cool with that.

In other news, when I was on the train today someone forgot to turn on the train lights and we went through a tunnel and it was PITCH black and I got a little freaked out by the blackness. Not enough to hoot and holler, but just enough to turn on my phone so the phone light was on and casually text my friends as fast as I could, whatever I could do to keep the light on. I noticed, however, that everyone else was doing it too. It was really dark. Really. Dark. I never noticed how long that particular tunnel was...until I was worried about being killed in the inky blackness.

*Dave, my new BestFriend, who gave me the very tequila I am buzzed on now and yummy snacky foods. I heart Dave. Dave ruuuules.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!