Wednesday, February 27, 2008

my baby is in foster care

I took the Mac to a place to  get it fixed yesterday. I swear to god it was like abandoning my baby.  They think that the Airport wireless card is bad and it needs a new one. I bloody well hope that solves the problem, otherwise we are going to pony up for something new.  Rich keeps using the dreaded 'D' word (Dell).  He never was much of a one for the Mac. Luckily we have my old Gateway as a backup, though it doesn't work with wireless, either. It's really quite fast plugged directly into the DSL, though.

It's going to be hard to not have my iTunes for one to three weeks. How will I keep up with my news? My habit is to listen to NBC Nightly News or Nightline on the way to work every morning. Not to mention my NPR 'Wait Wait Don't Tell Me' habit. I hope they take care of my little white 12' baby. I'll miss her...er, him. Uh, it.

It's been nice to be back at work, even if the mornings are damned hard. I don't know WHY I have such a hard time getting up. Part of it is that I haven't been sleeping too well. Anyhow, once I am AT work, I am glad to be there. I feel like I learn something new every day. Plus, I got word that they are getting me a cell phone. (I feel like I've been moved up from wooden boy to a REAL boy now.)  I think I picked out a pretty cool one. My friend Grant had one and I lusted after it, it's my first bout of phone lust. I told the IT guy at work about it and I got approved to have one. SWEET! Grant is a total early adopter, so I am  really excited to have something new that he has....until he gets something even better in a few months. He has a tendency to geek out and get new electronic whatevers fairly frequently. Me? Still thinking cd's are pretty awesome and hanging on for dear life to my turntable and records.

Rich might be coming down with a cold, which sucks as we are off to Munich this weekend. I'm practically forcefeeding him the Airborne, and he swears by this Zicam stuff you swab around your nose. I feel a bit sneezy too, but am studiously ignoring it, I am NOT going to get a cold after JUST having had the flu. That doesn't seem at all right or fair, does it?


Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!