Monday, June 25, 2007

Comin' home to see my bitches.....

I'm comin' home to see my bitches......*

Ticket's all booked and now I am planning all the corollary bits that attend that.

Such as a rental car (you can't go to Texas without a car).

And to give my friends Julia and Heather (not pictured) , who I normally stay with, and who have a very active 10 month old, a break, I booked a room at a hotel for the last three nights I am there. And I'll be DAMNED if Priceline doesn't work! I just threw out a larky bid for a room, never thought I'd get it at that price, and holy crap if I ain't set up but purty in a four star in downtown Austin for my last three nights. SWEET! For half the price I expected and over 100 bucks off per night!

You know what that means don't you?

MORE MONEY FOR BEER. And Mexican food. Which I shall eat and drink by the POOL of the FOUR STAR hotel.

Now I just have to buckle down and get some crap taken care of at work. It's gonna get insane by August, which is why I am breaking my usual rule of "no travel to the US in summer" to go home now. I was gonna go in September and tie it in with a trip to see my folks for various birthdays and anniversaries, but I just don't think I can take two 1/2 weeks off work right then. So instead I am breaking it up into two trips, one to Texas and one to the 'rents, and that way hopefully everyone is happy, especially the airlines who get LOTS MORE of my money than they would normally.

*Bitches in this picture are Jenny, Malcontent Mama, Karla May and the adorable Bookhart. Please note, it was like 10 am when I took this photo and we were all having an early morning beer (see Jenny's hand) to ward off the hair of that damned biting dog......

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!