Thursday, March 29, 2007

sporadic

Posting will be sporadic for the next little while as we trundle off to the place where East Meets West...Istanbul! My dad gave me some pointers on the language and I've been checking the weather incessantly (ironically, not as nice as in Norway right now!), so I feel ready to hit the trail.
Again.
I've been kind of busy lately. Maybe a bit overly so, but hell, I can sleep when I am dead. The hotel has internet so I'll try to keep you up to date as things progress. .

I can already taste the iskender kebab and the pide...yum yum yum. Turkish food totally rocks. the wine can be a bit rough, but the food rocks.

In other news, I got Nordic Walking poles so when I get back I am going to teach myself how to use them and see if it is as good as all the websites say. If it is (and I have no reason to doubt it, I already love walking and have been looking for something that would involve my upper body too) then I'll probably be seeing you in future (after I get home, whenever the hell that will be) around Town Lake in Austin, looking like a goober, but an in- shape goober. Nordic Walking can look a bit silly if you aren't use to it. But I am past the point of worrying if I look silly, because I am constantly reassured that I usually do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!