Friday, March 23, 2007

Not Wanna Madonna


Madonna's "self created" line for H&M came out in stores yesterday. I went to check it out, and was whelmed. Not overwhelmed, not underwhelmed, just whelmed.

Of course, the only thing I was interested in, that dress on the left there with the black and cream, was nowhere to be found. The whole collection was in shades of black, cream, some white and a tiny bit of pink in one patterned dress. I hate to say it, but I was pretty bored. The collection seems to be for women a little older than me, and this was certainly born out by the number of ladies in their late 40's to mid 50's shoving me out of the way so they could get at what they wanted. It all definitely reminded me of what my mom wore in the 70's...soft silky jersey dresses, things with sheen that are soft to the touch. Nice feeling, but who, honestly, can wear cream colored silk charmeuse knickerbockers? Not anyone I know. And there were a few things that were just plain...boring. Like the one dress, in stark white, that resembled nothing more or less than a nurse's uniform? Oy.

I did like the long black dress and the cream trench coat, but I already have long black dresses and I got a trench coat that was much more interesting from Stella McCartney's line for H&M. It seems like every guest designer for H&M does a trench. Collect 'em all and swap with your friends!

I think, if you are a hottie like Madonna in your late 40's to 50's, wanting something safe and not too challenging, this collection is great for you. If you have any extra weight on you whatsoever, forget it. The shiny fabrics will make you look like beach balls fighting in cellophane. Especially those knickerbockers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!