Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Night shots of Tallinn

Since it gets dark early this time of year, we took alot of shots at night while we were in Tallinn. This was in addition, of course, to the drinking and eating.

My camera takes AMAZING night shots. I don't know why or how, but as long as I hold it still enough, it sort of does the rest. I love that.....

Anyhow, following this are some shots of Tallinn at night. The moon was half full, so it also makes an appearance. It was so gorgeous.

This is looking down a little side street into the main square of Tallinn. Behind the tree is the Town Hall.


The main square at night. There was a guy sitting under the tree, playing didgeridoo. It was a big didgeridoo, and the sound was deep, round, primal and sexy, yet also timeless. It bounced off the walls and shivered on my chest. It was incredible. I got chills. I should also mention that didgeridoo is one of my favorite musical instruments, I love the depth of the sound and the rythmic nature of it. How wierd to have a traditionally aboriginal sound being played in a town that probably never saw anyone from that part of the world until the early 20th century, but how cool, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!