Thursday, December 07, 2006

The $17 chicken

I seriously splurged on a 3lb chicken today. It's not the highest quality, organic one (that would have cost more like $35) but it's a nice little fat beast anyhow. And I am gonna roast that sucker up using that French Laundry technique I first read about in Jaye's blog. Seems simple enough...salt it and roast the hell out of it. No basting, nothing.

Of course, I will be economical and use the leftovers to make a chicken stock. No sense wasting good boner...uh, I mean bones.

As my Dad always says, when something tastes good: Mumph mumph.

Though, after reading this in today's Aftenposten, my appetite has sort of waned....man, that's just all KINDS of gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!