Thursday, November 02, 2006

those wacky college days.

I was always glad I never had to live in Jester Dorm on the University of Texas Campus when I was in college. Granted I spent alot of time there, as my lifelong bud Julia lived there, and my freshman year of college my boyfriend lived there as well, but it always felt ramshackle and GodDAMN it was noisy. Not to mention the piss in the elevators and stairwells. (WHY can't boys just hold it like girls do?)

I was assigned to an all girl's dorm (Blanton) which I protested vociferously at first (WHAT? NO BOYS?), but then came to realize I really liked. After the mayhem of Jester it always felt so peaceful and safe. Kind of like going back in time to the 50's. No boys = clean bathrooms, a semblance of silence, and best of all, the ability to walk back to your room from the bathroom clad in just a towel. Which I did daily. There was also the occasional "sneaking in of the boy" which we all did at some time or another, but we all also pretended to not know when others did it. I love the Girl Code.

Anyhow, here are some reasons why I am glad I did not live in Jester. Greg sorta brought it all home to me in his nostalgic (?) post.

I did, however, enjoy the fried chicken station at Jester cafeteria...I'd have that with mashies and brown gravy and a little teeny salad, just to keep up appearances. That way I could tell my mom I had a salad for dinner.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!