Tuesday, November 14, 2006

absolute happiness

The best feeling in the world is driving along the highway in a freakishly fast car, listening to Tom Petty belt out one of his jangly happy tunes, and seeing the sign that says "Austin, 23 Miles".

And you reach the top of a hill on Hwy 290...and there it is...the spire of the Capitol of Texas building. You can see it just there, on the horizon, and it is a warm sunny day and you are driving and singing at the top of your lungs with Tom and his Heartbreakers and you see home just ahead.

I got weepy. Weepy with happy. I was wappy. (Heepy?)

Home. You really don't appreciate home until you leave it. But coming back to it is like having your heart put back in your chest.

Austin I will always love you and you will always be my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!