Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Yet another thing stolen from Dave. I may as well just copy his blog verbatim every day and be done with it.

Once again, thanks, Dave.

Yet another meme, this one being Things You Don't Usually Tell Anyone About, like:

......a strange combination of food you like to snack on.
For snacking…hmm. Right now I have some Peanut M&M’s tossed into a small tin of Blue Diamond Smoked Almonds. The salty smokey goodness gets all over the chocolatey peanuty M&M’s and I eat an exact ratio of two almonds to one big M&M. I try to get the proportions exact, so that I have just enough M&M’s to almonds all the way to the end.
Damn, I need a freaking life, don’t I?
I also am a big proponent of the french fry dipped in the Frosty or chocolate milkshake. Don’t knock it til you’ve tried it.
As you can see, my snacking needs are an over the top addiction to the salty/sweet balance.

...something you do that other bloggers who read you might find odd if they saw you doing it.
My very bad habit of messing with my cuticles. It’s not very nice. I’m also one of those foot wigglers? My feet never stay still. My mother says that when my father or I die, she will have to shoot our feet to make them stop moving.

...when you were 7, what you wanted to be when you grew up - that you never told anyone about.
A queen…none of that princess bullshit, I wanted to go straight to queen.

...the thing you don't tell people at work about yourself.
That I know practically nothing about what I am doing and am just learning it as I go along. Luckily I am a VERY fast learner. And almost every job I have ever had has been like this...me learning on the job. It’s reassuring to know that I have brain cells left to fill. Also, that I am a super freak, super freak I’m super freaky..OW

....what you like to do when no one else is going to be home for a stretch of time.
Watch incredibly girly movies that invariably make me cry. The other day it was Pride and Prejudice. Hell, it’s ALWAYS Pride and Prejudice. Take naps. Hog the remote. Make messes. Dance around the house to loud techno/industrial. Paint my toenails. Eat foods that gross Rich out.

...the thing you believe - politically - that you don't admit to people who think you think like they do.
I’m more middle of the road than I sound. I think the death penalty has its place in certain situations. (I call myself Pro Death, because I am also rabidly pro choice) I think there is a difference between a hand out and a leg up. I think that taxation has its place but when it becomes burdensome or too complicated, there needs to be a change. (Hello, US of A? This means you.) I think estate taxes are repugnant. I think government should stay out of my life and away from my body. (oh wait, that sounds like the me you expect…)

...that one thing from your childhood, outside of your parents, that you try to maintain some kind of connection with, and how.
My Texanness and my German roots. I’m very proud of both. I also try to maintain a childish sense of fun, so if you catch me twirling around in a full skirt or skipping, it’s just the five year old me enjoying being a girl. Life is too short to worry about what people think of you. And I love cars. Grew up with them, like them, like listening to them rumble. I miss having a car.

...a song or group or singer you secretly like that everyone else groans about.
Um. Hmm. I’ve made a career out of loving music my friends groan about. Gary Numan. NIN. Adam Ant. Marilyn Manson. Neil Diamond. But I don’t really have a Britney adoration or anything, not much secret pop in my background. Well, there was that brief flirtation with Scritti Politti in the 80’s.

...do you close the bathroom door when you're the only one home?
Nope. I hardly remember to do it when I am not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!