Wednesday, March 29, 2006

These are probably the only pictures you are gonna get because it takes freaking FOREVER to download things onto blogger from this fairly slow ADSL service I am using.....It's been about 10 minutes to get these few pics up. I'll maybe do onesies and twosies from here on outsies...




Elephant butts. I took a tour to Ayutthaya today and we stopped at a roadside rest stop/elephant riding attraction. Not unlike a petting zoo in the US, one would assume.


At a wat (temple) in Ayutthaya. I love the way the tree roots look here.
Ayutthaya was the capital from the 15th to the 18th centuries, when the Burmese came and torched it. The capital was then moved to present day Bangkok. There are beautiful ruins left at Ayutthaya.



Bugs...they're not just for breakfast anymore....This was on Khao San Road, legendary backpacker's strip. It was interesting. I had my first (sigh) mangoes and sticky rice there. Love at first bite. I did not eat a bug. Ick.



Me and baby elephump. I then paid it 20 baht which it toook in its trunk. First time I ever touched an elephant. I felt a little sorry for it, I hate seeing animals in chains. At night in Bangkok you can see elephants walking down the road.s Very strange going into a 7-11 and when you come out you almost (literally) run smack into an elephant.


A beautiful garden palace and museum in Bangkok. An oasis of quiet amongst the smell and chaos. Suan Pakkad, means Cabbage Patch.....

After the tour to Ayutthaya, we then took a boat up the Chao Praya back to Bangkok. Four hours of quiet (relatively) solitude. It was a hazy day so pics did not turn out as nice as I would have liked. I'll post some another time. Right now I am tired and need rest. Tomorrow we go to Luang Prabang Laos. I hope you are all using your atlases....Lord knows I had (have) to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!