Saturday, March 11, 2006

lists, observations and what have you from my recent trip to London

1......Number of times I fell flat on my face in front of High Street Ken Underground Station in London last weekend.

2......Number of newspaper sellers I yelled at in front of High Street Ken Station when I discovered it was their damned newspaper binding that they left on the sidewalk that my feet got tangled in.

3.....Number of bruises I sport from that adventure.

4.....Number of people who asked if I was alright and offered to help me up.

78....Number of curse words I muttered under my breathe as I dusted myself off and scurried away, blushing furiously.

1.....skirt I bought at a shop nearby to assuage my shattered ego. (Number of skirts bought in total on this trip, 2)

2...beers I had at the pub afterwards.

3....number of times I had fish and chips in a four day period.

3.....celebrities sighted. They include Elvis (well, spittin' image, anyhow) and the Queen (see previous about spittin' image) at a fish and chips shop in Pimlico. (The food was good, atmosphere spartan, Elvis wore all black, the Queen wore mauve. They too had the fried cod.) Also saw one of the Two Fat Ladies from that cooking show filming her latest tv cookery spot at the Borough Market. She sailed majestically through the market in her long skirt and apron, larger than life, calm center of a furious melee of hangers on, assistants and gawkers.. I think the other Fat Lady died a while back.

1....number of amazing steak sandwiches I had at Borough Market. Free range beef on a sourdough "bap" with mayo and rocket. YUMMY.

7.....Number of Grande Skinny Vanilla No Whip Mochas I had at Starbucks.

6....number of times I got to make my standard joke at Starbucks when they asked me if I wanted whipped cream on my mocha. "No, thanks, that would ruin the skinny part, wouldn't it?".

1/2.....number of laughs I got when making my joke.

9....Number of pubs visited. Had fish and chips at two.

1580....The year one of the pubs was built.

8.....hours per day spent walking each day.

3....number of London Walks tours I joined.

102....Room number at the hotel we stayed at. Britannia Court Hotel, fun and funky. I recommend it.

38....average temerature in Fahrenheit while we were in London. It was not warm.

585.....cost (in pounds) of a Mulberry purse I fell in love with. Obviously my tastes run to the posh.

0.....number of Mulberry purses I bought.

1.....husband who remains married to me as I did not buy that purse.

20....percentage discount I received when I bought Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince on CD as read by Stephen Frye. My collection is thus far complete and I am thrilled. These cd's are better than the movies. They are not available in the States. And they cost a bomb. I consider it an investment. In me. Yeay!

7.....percentage of the Mulberry purse price the Harry Potter CD cost.

5....approximate number of miles walked on a jaunt through Hampstead Heath to Kenwood House and thence to the Spaniard's Inn pub for fish and chips and then back to the Tube Station, where we decided instead to go to another pub instead of heading back to the hotel.

7....alcohol units I had that day, including beer and wine.

4....number of times Rich told me to quit snoring that night.

300....cost in dollars for both of our round trip tickets from Oslo to London on BA. Cheaper than RyanAir and way nicer. Score!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!