Sunday, December 18, 2005

I'm a real blog geek now!

Finally, for the first time in my life, I am doing something many people take as a matter of course.

i'm sitting in a coffee house, using my computer and blogging.

I'm fair thrilled, I am. I've always wanted to do this, and it was part of my Plan for Moving to Europe to travel around with the laptop and blog in smokey coffeeehouses, telling stories of the things I see and hear. That never really worked out as the other computer never quite worked with the wireless thing and so I would innstead use the random skanky internet cafe to do my postings. Not near as glamorous.

But now...NOW NOW! Now me and the little iBook, here, man, we are gonna blog the world. So finally (and ironically in my hometown of austin) I am in a coffee house, called Mozart's, surrounded by students and intellectuals and geeks and other severely caffeinated types, drinking Vanilla Rooibos tea (no I have no fucking clue what it is either, but it's good) and getting to know Whitey here.

I had one of those "small world" moments just now when ordering my tea. A guy in line in front of me looked at my face very intently and siad "Did you get your glasses in London?" I said yes, and he said "At Covent Garden, on Floral Street?". I said yes. Turns out he, too, has some Kirk Originals. Apparently they are recognizable the world over. Who knew?

I downloaded some pictures from the Empty House Party 2 today so I am now going to see what i can do about getting somme of them on here, a sort of visual progression of how a party naturally flows from start to finish.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!