Saturday, November 05, 2005

I really wish I had something interesting to write about

But it seems, alas, that I do not.

So maybe I will give you some stream of consciousness bullshit about the small speck of grime on the left upper corner of my computer screen. (Don't think I could do it? Expostulate on a speck? Oh yes I could. I once wrote a three page paper abouta piece of gum stuck on the underside of my desk. It was 8th grade and the teacher wanted us to write a descriptive paper on something in the classroom. I named the gum "Chewey". I got an "A".)

Or give you a detailed inventory of my closet. (No, that would be a whole 'nother blog in itself.)

Or tell you about the weather. (Pointless, that. See below. Entry entitled "Blah".)

I could possibly get on my soapbox about the state of American politics and the ridiculousness of the government. My newest annoyance being people who are saying that a newly developed vaccine for HPV (the cause of cervical cancer and other problems in so many girls) is not a good idea because it might cause promiscuous behavior. These are the same ASSHOLES who say that the morning after pill will cause promiscuity, yet also want to ban abortion. Why is morality always pinned on to the women to the detriment of their right to basic health care? Oh the hypocritical aspects of it just fucking make me want to go OFF! But I'm not getting on to that soapbox. See? Stepping down.

Since I don't have anything interesting to say, today, I guess I will just tell you that I am heavy into jewelry production for the first time in about 6 months and it feels really good. Rich keeps trying to tidy up my messes (I tend to spread around a bit when I am "creating") and I'm snarling at him to "Not mess up my mojo!" Poor guy. He's a neatnik, and I am categorically NOT. He keeps trying to wedge me into a corner of the living room, and my projects and materials stealthily just keep creeping out in an amoeba-like manner, until every surface in the vicinity is covered with tiny sparkly bits of color.

Poor guy. It's tough living with an artsy slob. And now, as the t-shirt says, "Go back into your studio and MAKE STUFF".

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!