Monday, September 05, 2005

picture time!


That's me in the Piazza in Venice. The birds really wigged me out. I have that look on my face because I was afraid they would all swarm on me at any moment.
Dork that I am, I have to admit to a small flood of tears when I walked through the passage that led to the square to see it for the first time. I went from narrow darkness...... into this huge bright space that was imbedded in my memory from so many movies and pictures. It was all so familiar yet foreign and exciting. Too much to take in all at once.
Then......... I smelled the overwhelming smell of bird shit. I must admit, the tears got heavier, but this time from vapors, not emotions.
Ah Venice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!