Thursday, September 22, 2005

My friends are funny.

Well, as you may or may not know, there is a hurricane (Rita) barrelling down on Texas. First it hits Houston (where I was born) then on to Austin (where my heart and home are).

I'm a bit worried about my house, but in general, not too much. Shit happens, that is what insurance is for. As long as everyone is safe, that's all that matters. (Though I do kind of hope the magnolia tree, which is so big and gorgeous, doesn't sustain too much damage. It is the biggest one I've ever seen, and it's in our yard in Austin. I'm quite proud of it.)

Anyhow, I do have some clever friends. Here is what my friend Lee has to say about Bush's hurricane readiness this time around:

Bush has assured the nation that he is ready for Hurricane Rita. Although I suspect the press misunderstood him. I think his actual quote was "Hurricanes and 'ritas? I'm ready!"

Lee, why aren't you writing for the Daily Show? Seriously.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!