Friday, September 23, 2005

I really really could not have said it better myself

My apologies to all you moms out there, but:

THIS NYT article ROCKS!

(You might need to have a registration with the NYT website, but it's worth it, and it's free.)

The article, entitled "Supersize Strollers Ignite Sidewalk Drama" tells it exactly like it is here in Norway. These moms go around with these gigantic Baby SUV's, blocking aisles in already squinchy stores, hogging doorways, making it impossible to get around, and leaving those of us without kids feeling somehow guilty for being annoyed that we can't have free movement. (And believe me, I've helped many a mom lug her Rolling Baby Bed off a train, held a door, etc. for her, and many of them don't even say thanks, just take it as their due. Really, I try to be nice!)

Yeah, if I had a kid maybe I'd feel different, but God bless the author of this article for articulating how I feel so often. These rolling cribs just don't have to be that big! Moms, leave the strollers outside! That's totally acceptable here in Norway, and I wish you would do it, so that I can shop without having to squeeze past Baby Herkimer in his Hummer 4!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!