Saturday, July 02, 2005

Stuff I learned today

I did my stenciling project today. Let's just say it's subtle. So subtle, in fact, that I can't FREAKING SEE WHAT I DID. Pearlescent paint does not necessarily show up so well on semi-gloss/eggshell walls. Damn hell and shit. When I've done it in the past, it's always been on flat paint, but apparently Norwegians only use the semi shiny kind, so I am hosed big time. Unless I can find a flat paint to do the stenciling in. This is getting too boring for anyone who is not a stenciling/painting geek like me, but let's just say, the stenciling project is very subtle and hardly noticeable and I am fairly annoyed at that. So lesson 1 is: Norwegians use semi-gloss paint on their walls.

While taking a brake from my futile project, I heard some laughing and clapping in the plaza below the flat. (The new place looks out over the main plaza of the town. It's totally cool, like living over a mini Piazza San Marco or something, except it's Norwegian and ALOT newer. But you know, same idea.) When I went out onto the deck to look, it was a totally white Norwegian guy dancing like Michael Jackson to "Billy Jean". To say he sucked would be putting it gently. The dude couldn't even moonwalk, for Chrissakes. But he had a big crowd around him, and they all seemed to enjoy it. This was a double lesson: 2, white guys can't moonwalk, and 3, this plaza view is going to be endlessly entertaining.

Lesson 4: Avoid the sandwiches at the bakery directly beneath the flat. Yeuch. There's better and cheaper places around the corner.

Ok, so actually that's it. I didn't learn all that much, now that I think of it. Aw screw it, I need beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!