Friday, July 29, 2005

Crapnacious

I have been a in a foul mood for days now. I have this huge sense of frustration just rising up within me, at how fucking HARD it is to get things done in this country at times. It's just amazing how much time you can spend getting nothing done.

The trials with Nextgen-fucking-tel continue. In one day we got three different answers from them. 1) We needed an updated ADSL modem, as ours did not work with the new network. 2) They turned it on, but are not sure why it's not working. 3) The backbone is still being worked on.

WHICH ONE IS IT, PEOPLE? Does your right hand know that your left hand is shoved so far up your ass it will never make it out without a crowbar and some Vaseline? And Nextgentel also has some of the WORST hold music I have ever heard. It's always the same music, in the same order, and by the time you get to the one song we call the "never ending whiny girl who is tone deaf" song, we hang up. By that time we've been on hold for at least 15 minutes, that whiny girl song is at least 15 minutes long, and it makes me want to hurt someone innocent when I hear it. We both think they play that song on purpose, so that people will hang up the phone.

Add to that the frustration I have with shopping here. I have posted about it before, my angst about shopping in Norway. I have been invited to a wedding, an evening wedding. So I need something to wear that is a little more than cocktail, but not full blown formal. And, as it is summer, and a wedding, my usual fallbacks of black or velvet just won't work. I need something floaty and summery. Preferably chiffon, longish.

ARGGGG!!!!!! Clothes here either come in three styles: casual with holes and distressing, funky after work office party casual with sequins, or bridesmaid taffeta from hell.

I want none of those. I canvassed every damn store in the Greater Oslo Area yesterday. THere is nothing tasteful, affordable, or in my size. The one dress I did find to be minimally acceptable was $850. Uh, yeah, no thanks. I have the shoes and the bag, which ROCK, but I guess I will just have to attend this wedding like the Emperor Who Had No Clothes, Just Great Shoes and a Purse. (And maybe some nice jewelry). No one will notice I have nothing to wear, with all my sparkly accessories, right? Just in case, I better start a fairly extensive shaving, buffing and moisturizing campaign. At least everyone will know exactly what my tattoos look like, and where they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!