Thursday, April 21, 2005

Not the sharpest tool in the shed

I can only attribute this morning's adventure to the following things:
1_ I am still feeling kind of punk from the shingles and the weakness is altering my intelligence;
2_I have alot on my mind right now;
3_I am just a bit daft sometimes.

So this morning I had to get up bright (and boy do I mean BRIGHT, there is not a cloud in the sky and it is a fine, brisk spring morning) and early to take my car in to the Subaru shop to get its exhaust system checked out. By Norwegian law, every two years they check out cars to make sure they are not polluting the air. It's time for my two year check up. I am lucky in that the Subaru place, one of only two in Oslo, is just a mile down a quite steep hill, so it makes it fairly easy to drop off the car and climb back up home.

Since I've been feeling poorly, I have been a bit concerned about the walk back from dropping the car off. I've been worried that it would wear me out. Lately even shopping gets me tired enough to need a nap. It sucks ass.

So, in preparation for the walk back, I made sure to get a good night's sleep, and stuck a power bar in my pocket for a little energy boost on the way back. Feeling good and wearing my favorite Timberland sneakers, I set off down the hill.

About 1/3rd of the way down, I realized that I had dorked big time.

I had forgotten the car.

Yeah.

I, in my worry about the walk back up the hill, had forgotten to bring the car DOWN the hill. It's kind of hard to take your car in to the shop when you AREN'T DRIVING IT.

Crapping crappy crapness. Monkey spanking wanking hell. Horse nuts. Damnation. I forgot the car.

I stood there and cursed for a minute, then started laughing at myself, and trudged back up to get the damn thing. Jeez, how stupid can I be?

Everything went smoothly after that, though I was a bit late to the Subaru place. The walk back was fine, steep but fine, though I can't believe I had to do part of it TWICE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!