Monday, April 18, 2005

How do y'all sound?



Your Linguistic Profile:



55% General American English

30% Dixie

15% Yankee

0% Midwestern

0% Upper Midwestern




Since I feel kind of crappy, and am told that will continue all week, I thought I would just post a variety of things I find, whether from other blogs or randomly surfing. Since actual humor or quirkiness for me are pretty much wishful thinking, unless something HILARIOUS happens at the eye doctor this afternoon. (Though come to think of it, I do get the giggles whenever I go to the eye doctor, a remnant of my childhood eye guy, a fat man whose nose whistled when he breathed. I'm sure you KNOW how close an eye doctor comes to you when he's looking into the depths of your eyes, right? So there he would be, whistling all over me. Yeah, it's like Pavlov's giggles for me, instant guffaw when the (any) eye doc comes near. I can't help it, it's pretty embarrassing.)

Here's a quiz you can take that attempts to categorize your American dialect. I saw it on Vivi's site.

It's fairly accurate. Though I am from the South and use Southern phrases, I sound very middle America, no real accent. This comes from having a German mom and an Ozark Dad.

Go have fun. Quiz away. More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!