Friday, January 28, 2005

Friday Q

FQ TOPIC: Tip.

FQ1: Share a health or beauty tip!
Health: Drink lots of water and take yer vitamins.
Beauty: (cuz, you know, I am SUCH an expert) When you wash your face, don't use soap. Use water and a washcloth only. It acts as an exfoliant and doesn't dry out your skin. Or use Ponds Daily Facial wipes, those things rock and they moisturize and clean all in one go. Great for travelling!
When you start being over 30, like moi, moisturize moisturize moisturize!

FQ2: Share a computer or electronic gadget tip!
When your computer crashes or shuts down or argues relentlessly with you, it is best not to throw it out the window.
My best computer or gadget tip is: Ask someone who knows something!

FQ3: Share a travel or transportation tip!
Ah, here is something I am a little more knowledgeable about.
1) When packing for a trip, bring half of what you think you need. You can always buy whatever you need when you get where you are going. You WILL shop. It's inevitable. Save the room in your luggage for the goodies you buy on your trip.
2) When flying TO the US, try to make your stopovers or changes of plane outside the US. For example, I go to Houston thru Amsterdam, not Newark. If I went thru Newark I would have to deplane, get my luggage, go thru customs, get mistreated and then get back on the next plane, Yuck. If I go thru Amsterdam, I don't have to do that (it waits until I get to Houston, my end destination in the US) and it makes the connecting flight ever so much more pleasant. It also increases my chances of actually catching that connecting flight!
3) Wear your heaviest items of clothing and your clunkiest shoes, on the plane. Both ways.
4) Don't bother with traveler's checks. You can ATM almost anywhere now, and you will get a much better exchange rate.
5)Get frequent fliers cards for every airline you might use. They will pay off sometime, I know. I am still waiting for my free upgrades....
6)For me, the most important tip? Don't do those early morning flights. They suck, you have to get up at 4 am to catch an 8am flight and you are ruined with tiredness for the first few days of your trip. Go later, have a normal night's sleep before hand, and get there feeling relatively sane. Trust me on this one. It's not worth a $40 savings to kill your sense of humanity.

FQ TIPSTER: Got a tip for a classic or vintage CD, movie, TV show, or book we might have overlooked?
CD: Anything Led Zep. Takes you right back to high school or whenever your wild youth was.
Movie: "Aunti Mame" with Rosalind Russell. Comic genius with heart.
TV Show: "Freaks and Geeks", not exactly vinatge, but over. Fabulous!
Book: If you haven't read "The Three Musketeers" you are not allowed to be my friend.

1 comment:

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!