Tuesday, November 16, 2004

This could get boring

I am pretty much done with travelling for this year. At least, I think I am. I mean, I have nothing planned, except London for Christmas, but you never know, maybe something will come up. (she writes, hopefully)

But it kinda means that I won't have any neato current travel stories to regale you with. Instead, it might just be boring old day to day stuff. Like the other day....

Rich and I went for a walk the other day, just in the neighborhood. While we were walking I kicked something hard and it rolled away from me. I chased it down and it was...a coconut. A coconut, a whole coconut, with the husk and all, lying on the street in Norway. Hmm. Interesting. Being me (ie a dork) of course I looked up, wondering if it fell? Rich snorted and rolled his eyes, then asked if I was looking for the coconut palm? In Norway? Oh, right. Probably not, huh.

But how did that coconut get there? There was not a trash can nearby, and it was not like anyone threw it away, that I could see. Why would someone buy a whole, husk-on coconut? Why would they then throw it in the street? Did the African Swallow from Monty Python's The Holy Grail drop it en route to bringing it to Arthur, son of Uther Pendragon, King of the Britons?

It's wierd, what you find lying (laying?) around in the street. A coconut in Norway. Wonder what its story is.......maybe it was a magic coconut and I totally missed out on my three wishes. I was supposed to kiss it or run in three circles around it or something. What would I wish for if I had three Magic Coconut Wishes?

See, I told you it could get boring. I really need to get a life if THIS is what I will be writing about. Sheesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!