Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Cheesy Mary on Ebay

I found this article this morning, about a woman who made herself a cheese sandwich 10 years ago and saw the face of the Virgin Mary in it. So instead of eating it, she put in cotton balls (do they have preservative qualities I didn't know about?) in a clear plastic container and put it on her nightstand by her bed to watch over her.

Apparently, now, she has decided to "share" her miracle with the world, and has put it up for auction on Ebay. A bidding war has started, along with not a little international publicity.

Here is where it gets entertaining for me. Go to Ebay. Do a search for "Virgin Mary Cheese" and see what you come up with. Ah, yes, capitalism is alive and well all over the world. Some very funny (and opportunistic) folks have posted some very entertaining Cheesy Mary items.

I like the one sale that is titled "an empty envelope.....not a virgin mary grilled cheese". At least they are honest. I wonder if I can sell my jewelry that way? "Pearl necklace, not a virgin mary grilled cheese" And why not extrapolate from there? "A pearl necklace...NOT a Tyrannosourus rex". "A pearl necklace....not a bunny rabbit with big pointy teeth".

Or is that pushing it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. No spam gets through. Don't try it. I Love comments from real people though! Thanks!